Home security cameras are an essential part of any home security system as they allow you to have 24/7 access to your home, regardless of where you are. Most novices make a huge mistake of relying on just one camera outside their house while installing a home security system. However, experts say that the best IP camera online that you can get for your homes should be installed in multiple areas of your home, as no matter how great quality camera you buy, it can only rotate to a limit and zoom to a certain extent.
In order to find out the right places to install IP cameras in and around your home, consider which spots offer the widest viewing ranges in and around your home. Ensure to place a camera to cover areas that are the most vulnerable for break-ins. Doing so will help in keeping burglars at bay.
– Buy IP cameras of good quality that have a good night vision and clarity and place them to cover your front, back and side doors. Burglars often choose the front or back doors for breaking into your home.
– If you have windows that don’t face a street directly, these are more prone to break-ins. Installing exterior camera above these windows or installing cameras inside that face such windows is a perfect idea.
– Install quality IP camera brand cameras around driveways to prevent burglars enter your home’s premises. It will also make it easier to spot any suspicious activity happening around your home.
– Having quality cameras installed in your living space and bedroom is advised as intruders/thieves will most likely try to look for valuables in these areas.
– Ensure that your stairways and balconies are under video surveillance so that you can detect any suspicious activity happening around.
Screwing cameras directly to the walls is a more secure way to place a camera. Ensure that the camera is placed at such an angle that it will capture the intruder’s face if someone tries to break-in. Don’t refrain from making your cameras visible; visible cameras may help you scare off your intruders even before they attempt to break-in.